I feel like Lauren from Crumbbums is my style soul mate. Her “Dress that Mama” serious is crazy cool. So, it warms my heart to see her rocking an Acyclovir Dalam Bahasa Indonesia(Acyclovir:Antivirals), taking amoxicillin and acyclovir Hand Dyed Scarf.
I want to fill my home with Susan Connor’s beautiful works, aptly described as having a “modern vibe with relaxed simplicity,” perfection!
Then the deer stepped from the woods. It walked from the shadows under the trees into a clear space. Antlers sprang from it’s brow, each with five or six tines. From the antlers, from each tine, green leaves were growing, as if from branches of a tree.
The deer stood without moving, brutish and graceful as deer alive in the daylight, except that its heavy, elaborate head was carrying, upon the usal curvatures of horn, these branches, this fountain of leaves.
The it turned and vanished. In shyness, perhaps. Or simply because we get no more than such dreamy chances to look upon the real world. The great door opens a crack, a hint of the truth is given—so bright it is almost death, a joy we can’t bear—and then it is gone.
- Mary Oliver
My husband and I were lucky enough to get a glimpse of this lovely baby deer sleeping in the field near out house.
I am a huge fan of Local Milk, a magic combination of true style, inspired food, poetic writing and a bit of mysticism, created by the lovely Beth Kirby. So, I was beyond honored that she agreed to collaborate with me and style this Handmade Tool Roll (available in the shop), a must have for artists and craftspeople.
In the spirit of late Fall, a time when we grieve summer and death, I’ve put together a mix of darker tunes. This one has a nod to “Dia De Los Muertos,” a holiday that I prefer over Halloween. Listen here!
1. Cat Power – Werewolf
2. Jason Edwards – Holy Doom
3. Los Plantronics – Dia De Los Muertos
4. Pink Floyd – Time
5. Willie Nelson – Gravedigger
6. Jason Edwards – Bourbon / Quest
7. Ozomatli – Cumbia De Los Muertos
8. Chavela Vargas – La Llorna
9. Towns Van Zandt – Snake Song
10. Dan Zanes and Lila Downs – La Bruja
I just finished some hand dyed scarves using a soy wax relief method. Available in the shop! Wildberrry / Strokes of Midnight / Painting with Clay
I love these Medicine Cards. My mom used them and I thought it was weird, along with the sage burning, women’s circles and ceremonies. Now, I understand and have reverence for it all. This book in particular has brought me so much inspiration and comfort recently. I’ll draw a card and the animal and it’s medicine speak directly to what I’m going through. It also deepens my love and connection to animals and the spirit world. Does anyone else use these cards? How do you find comfort and revel in the Mystery?
The animal cards fit perfectly in this handmade pouch, available in the shop!
I find it’s really difficult to find beautiful + functional furniture. You either have to totally luck out, and score on a vintage piece with solid craftsmanship and minimal design, or search through a sea of bulky, shoddily made furniture made…who knows where. That’s why, it’s so refreshing to see Pastrana Studio. I think I need that Planter Stand to keep Ember from tearing up my plants.
Discovered on Tomboy Style.
The turn of a new season is the perfect time to streamline your closet. It’s a time to pull out your old loves and maybe add a few to freshen things up. These are my go-to’s this fall…
1. A quality blazer will stay with you forever. I love the muted olive green color of this Vintage Wool Blazer.
2. Every closet needs a good plaid. This one sets itself apart from the sea of plaids with off center buttons and sweet little details that make vintage so special.
3. I love this clutch because it has an earthy, elegant feel. The indigo is classic yet has some boho interest with the hand dyed treatment.
4. Our model wore a pair of high waisted black skinny jeans during our last photo shoot and they literally went with everything.
5. A good denim shirt you could wear everyday in a new way and it would always feel fresh. Layer with more denim, tie at the waist over a maxi dress, or tuck it in to a pencil skirt paired with heels for a high fashion look.
6. Simple, elegant stud earrings are an easy, everyday choice, especially for mammas who’s babes like to grab for flashy dangling things.
7. A good pair of shoes can set the tone for your whole style. I love these classic wood handmade clogs I found on Etsy.